What ATO Services Are Accessible to Everyone?
ATO is a platform managed centralized for all your taxes and Superfund’s maintenance. All you need is to have a valid myGov Account Linked with ATO Online Services.
What Can Individuals Do Online?
With the online services available at ATO, the individuals and sole traders can perform the basic tasks like:
- Updation of contact details, including name, address, and date of birth.
- Tax file number (TFN).
- Tax lodgements, its tracking, Amending the tax return or you can inform ATO if you do not need to lodge the tax return.
- Monitor the notices of assessment.
- Make a payment or create a payment plan.
- View the payment summary information. It will be an income statement if the tax payer’s employer reports via Single Touch Payroll-enabled software.
- Monitor the yearly and up-to-date tax and superfund information in case the employer reports via STP-enabled software.
- PAYG installments management.
- Lodge your claim for a refund of the franking credit.
- View your study and training support loan account balance and transactions.
- Receive notifications and communications from ATO directly to myGov Inbox as preferred over the post.
- View, Find and manage your super, including your transfer balance account.
- Access the Small Business superannuation Clearing House to pay super contributions for employees
- Application for the First Home Super Saver Scheme (FHSS).
- Application to release super on compassionate grounds.
Additionally, the sole traders can:
- Lodge activity statements
- View, revise, and print lodged activity statements.
- Lodge and amend the Taxable payments annual report (TPAR).
How Do You Get Started?
To avail the services at ATO for the individual and sole traders, they need to:
- Create a myGov account.
- Link the account to ATO.
How to Create a myGov account and Login?
myGov is a quick and simplest way to access all the Federal Government Services online. A password-protected myGov account is a central access to various Australian Government Services with just a click and one credential of User ID and password. In case the applicants want to get the SMS Services, enter the valid phone number as the sign-in option for myGov.
How to Link myGov account to ATO Portal
Upon clicking on the Services Tab, select the Australian Taxation Office which will prompt the applicant To updated the sign-in option for security codes. However, this is enabled only when the mobile number is not added while creating a myGov account. The additional information check is provided on name, surname, TFN, and date of birth.
The identity confirmation would be done by answering two questions specific to you with the information in the following:
- Assessment Notice for the last 5 years.
- PAYG Payment Summary for the last 2 years.
- Super account statement for the last 5 years.
- Statement of Dividend statement for the last 2 years.
- Centrelink Payment Summary from the last 2 years.
- Bank Account Details. In case the taxpayers opt for a bank account as an identity confirmation, this account must be the one wherein an individual income tax refund was paid the previous year. Alternately, the bank account can also be the one that has earned interest in the last 2 years.
In case of incomplete information, the applicant can simply call the ATO helpline number and receive the unique linking code for the completion of the process. At the time of coordination with ATO, be ready with the identification information such as TFN, driver’s license or Medicare card.
Summing Up, there are a lot more benefits that the individuals get in terms of taxation services while they log in with the ATO Portal. Additionally, this helps the users to get updated for the amendments on one platform.